Are you looking for an editor for your Bible study? I can help. Would you like an opinion on an early draft of your story? I can help. Is your manuscript ready for publication but you haven’t found a publisher yet? I can help!
Last year, I started several new gigs that have put me in a position to help others navigate the publishing world. In case you missed it, here are the biggest changes:
- Christian Editor Connection Coordinator: Whether you write novels or nonfiction, whether you need a developmental edit or proofread, the Christian Editor Connection is a free service that matches you with editors who provide the specific services you need. As Coordinator, I process the requests and test applying editors to make sure all of our editors provide the best level of service.
- Write Now Editing—Turning Good Manuscripts Into Great Books: My dream has always been to work in fiction, whether I’m writing or editing it. Last year, I took a step in that direction by cutting “and Copyediting Services” from my business name to focus solely on fiction. My expertise? Substantive edits and critiques.
- Guiding Light Women’s Fiction: Venturing onto a path I’d never considered, I started working as Managing Editor for Guiding Light Women’s Fiction, meaning I acquire books for the imprint, then work with the authors through the publication process. It’s a weighty responsibility, but one I’m happy to accept. (For regular updates on the imprint, join our Facebook group!)
All of these changes came with new responsibilities, but they also provide new opportunities. For example, this year I am already scheduled to be on faculty at four writers’ conferences across the country. Now you have the chance to ask me in person for advice on writing, editing, or publishing (and here’s a tip for free—if you want to get your novel published, you need to start attending some conferences). Here’s where you can find me this year and who I’ll be representing:
- April 2019: Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference (WNE and GLWF)
- May 2019: PENCON (WNE) and The Well (CEC and GLWF)
- June 2019: Write-to-Publish (GLWF)
There’s the potential for at least two more conferences in late-Summer/fall, but this should keep be busy!
If you’re ready to take that next step in your writing journey, consider attending one of these conferences (at the very least, attend any conference near you). Invest in yourself and give yourself an opportunity to meet like-minded people who will support and encourage you along the way (like me!).
What do you like the most about conferences? If you’ve never been to one, what’s holding you back?
My debut novel—Summer Plans and Other Disasters—is now available on Amazon! Sign up for my monthly newsletter and you’ll receive the unpublished prologue: find out what inspired Calista Stephens to make those summer plans. Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for writing tips, updates on Guiding Light, and more!