We’re well past Black Friday, but the sale continues through the end of the year. Reserve your spot now for 2021 and get 25% off your edit. Contact me at email@example.com to get on the calendar!
NOW is the chance to save! Whether you need help with your writing, want to strengthen your editing skills, or need a good book to read, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals abound! Keep reading for more details!
What’s a critique? It’s a review of your manuscript without the line-by-line comments and edits. It includes:
- Overall assessment of the story and writing strengths and weaknesses
- Comments and suggestions at the end of each chapter
- Fiction Fliers to explain various fiction-writing techniques (as needed)
- Recommendations for the next step
When and why should you consider a critique?
- When you’re in a hurry. Substantive edits can take 4-6 weeks to complete depending on how much work the manuscript needs and how detailed of an edit you’ve requested. Sometimes, however, you need (or want!) input faster than that. Because a critique is an assessment (not an edit), it usually only takes 1-2 weeks. Perfect for the person who’s looking for tips NOW!
- When finances are tight. In an ideal world, every new author would hire a substantive editor before submitting their first manuscript to an agent or publisher. Realistically, however, that edit can cost upwards of $4,000. Not everyone can afford that. That’s where critiques can help — get a professional review, suggestions, tips, and recommendations at a fraction of the cost of a substantive edit!
- When you don’t know what you need. Not sure whether or not your book is ready for an edit? Are you wondering if your story is even worth pursuing? Then consider a critique. Not only will you receive comments and suggestions from an industry professional, but you can apply the cost of your critique toward a substantive, developmental, or line edit, when you’re ready.*
From now until the end of the month, anyone who schedules a novel critique for 2019 will receive 25% off the full critique — that’s just $1.50 per page! But don’t wait until that manuscript is done to contact me! Editors’ schedules fill up quickly, including mine. Reserve your spot today to make sure you get on the schedule for your novel critique.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to ask, and have a very merry Christmas!
Owner of Write Now Editing, Karin Beery’s passion is fiction. As Managing Editor for Guiding Light Women’s Fiction (an imprint of Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas) and an instructor for the PEN Institute, her goal is the same: to help authors create engaging novels that captivate their audiences. She specializes in substantive fiction edits, helping authors with big-picture issues like characterization, plot holes, and authenticity while also honing fiction-writing techniques, such as showing, point of view, dialogue, and more.
Karin is an active member of American Christian Fiction Writers, Romance Writers of American, and Christian Proofreaders and Editors Network. She is represented by literary agent Steve Hutson at WordWise Media. You can connect with her on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
*Manuscripts in which characters, setting, or plot elements are changed will not be eligible to have critique costs applied to edits.